Friday, March 14, 2008

Dear Dad,

On Mar 14, 2008, at 6:05 PM, myegosdad@aol.com wrote:

Have you ever listened to Rove? He is brilliant. May not agree with his tactics but be is smart. Why are you in debt? Because of "my" small business adminstration? How did I do that? I guess I must have co-signed the note you took or whatever you are talking about. South Africa has become a peaceful, prosperous place since Mandela took over and since. It's amazing to me that we live in the most powerful, non threatening, prosperous, free-est and generous country known to civilization and you never have one good thing to say about it. France IS nice this time of year.


And My Ego responded:

Rove is indeed smart, very smart. And I'll bet Hitler was even smarter than Rove... I mean, a mere 655k? To kill 6 million, you've got to be top notch genius.

Why am I in debt?

Its called the three trillion dollar war; 3 trillion adds up to over 30k, per american. It's an admin you voted for (twice), and a war you supported up till about 6 months ago. So, in my estimation, that makes you, however insignificantly, responsible. This is the gov't of the people, right? This person didn't vote for either, and my position on it hasn't budged since.

Mandela... a black man, who questions implications of the arrogant actions of the US, CAN create a lasting, peaceful country? Sounds like Obama should be your top choice.

To call us the most powerful, yet to also to know that we could be crushed at any second if China and Saudi Arabia were to cash in our debts? And a military so stretched, when we have a disaster in our own country, we don't even have the ground troops to send in for help? How powerful are we really? Do you really want to find out? I certainly don't.

Non-threatening? You simply can not be serious. We are the threat machine! We declare the Axis of Evil, we sanction and threat to remove sanction, our entire foreign policy is based on threats, lies, and distortion, and we're non-threatening? By the way did you see the state dept just (after 6 years) made the official announcement that there were no ties between Iraq and Al Queda, therefore 9/11? No weapons, no ties. All threats.

Prosperous. Sorry to say this, but... the US has a total debt of $53 Trillion, and the highest debt ratio in history. That's $175,154 per man, woman and child - - or $700,616 per family of 4, $33,781 more debt per family than last year. Last year total debt increased $4.3 Trillion, 5.5 times more than GDP. External debt owed foreign interests increased $2.2 Trillion; Household, business and financial sector debt soared 7-11%.

And, the above does not include un-funded pensions and medical promises. This is prosperity?


Ok, now, we're the freest. We're free-er then Holland? We're free-er than Canada? We're freer than Sweden? This email is being recorded, and we're free??

And finally, I don't have one good thing to say about America. Here's what I love about this country, and love till then end:

I love the constitution. I love the separation of church and state. I love the diversity. I love the incredible land and environment. I love the balance of powers. I love the Bill of Rights. I love the right to free speech. I love the right to privacy.

EVERY SINGLE THING I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ABOUT THIS COUNTRY IS IN SERIOUS DANGER. HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT???

And no matter what, please don't forget that I LOVE YOU AND MOM MORE. Please know that, just because you can't beat me in a political argument, I still love you more than any thing. : )

~mIe

No comments: